Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pearl Maiden


The Girl with a Pearl Earring / Louise Brooks
Coco Chanel / Mary I with La Peregrina


I love pearls. I love their lustre and their cultural history and their unknowability. Given how much beautiful and important jewellery has been made with pearls in the past it is surprisingly difficult to find exciting, modern pearl jewellery. Pearls often get bogged down by the twinset association but Sophie Bille Brahe has made them irresistibly desirable. I want her entire SS/14 collection, it's so fresh. It is gorgeous and completely contemporary - cuffs, bars, mismatched piercings and doubled rings. Also, beautifully shot and styled. Presumably if I wear SBB's jewellery I will be as luminous as both her pearls and her model?

Chuck x

3 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for the introduction! Gorgeous pieces (and the model!) and something I would really enjoy wearing. Need to have a proper look now. :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, her model is beauuuutiful. The skin and cheekbones - jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this post and couldn't agree more about this pearls. They are so beautiful. SBB collection is incredible. It had me searching for my simple pearl earrings again. xx

    ReplyDelete