Body Shop Lip Line Fixer / Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo
First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads / Lush Ultrabland Cleanser
Seconded - I support these recommendations:
- Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Smoothing Lotion, £4.10 - This stuff smells awful but it is a very cheap, easily available moisturiser with AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) and those are hard to find. If you have rough skin and bumps this will make a noticeable difference.
- Models Own Polishes, £4.99 - Some of the funnest colour selections.
- Bioderma Hydrabio H20, £10.20 - Now that the world is awash with micellar waters I will just buy whatever is on offer but the original is the best. The difference is minimal but noticeable.
- Burt's Bees Almond & Milk Hand Cream, £9.99 - Mmm, marzipan.
- La Roche-Posay Efflacar Duo+, £15.50 - I like the toner from this range too. I have my doubts about any topical acne treatments but I do love acids and this does, at least, leave your skin soft and not-worse.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum, £17.50 - 'One or two pumps gives a perky, healthier-looking finish to all dehydrated skin types, whether young or old, oily or dry, and layers seamlessly under any moisturiser.'
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo, £7.50 - 'This is probably my all-time favourite because it doesn't have a nasty chemical smell, won't cause scalp-itch, and leaves hair soft, not like stable hay.' I have been meaning to try this for years - I've hated the smell of every dry shampoo I've ever used and perhaps this can be my salvation.
- Lush Ultrabland Cleanser, £7.25 - 'This thick, unctuous cream is made from honey, rosewater, iris and almond oil for a rich, gentle cleanse. It's thorough, too - it can easily remove a full face of photoshoot makeup when used with a hot flannel. Leaves skin baby soft.'
- Bourjois Cream Blush, £8 - I'm always on the lookout for decent cream blushers. I have no interest in any other kind of blusher.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads, £17.38 - These have been recommended all over the place. Easy + acid.
- Weleda Skin Food, £7.95 - 'A seriously thick, rich, hardcore moisturiser for very dry hands, feet, shins, elbows, even your face. Provides comfort and several hours of effective moisturisation.'
- Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask, £16 - 'Gives tired skin instant glow.' I love a nice mask.
- Lanolips 101 Ointment, £10.99 - I also can never resist a lip balm.
- Body Shop Lip Line Fixer, £8 - 'The waxy line acts as an unseen dam, allowing the colour to stay sharp. Several luxury brands have copied this; no one has bettered it.' Jemma Kidd used to do one of these and I didn't get around to buying it before it was discontinued. As an enthusiastic lipstick wearer I will, fo sho, be buying one of these!